POLST and Your Practice is a service co-sponsored by Honoring Choices Pacific Northwest and the Washington POLST Task Force.
- This newsletter is designed to:
- Improve the quality of conversations about goals of care and treatment preferences between seriously ill individuals and their care team.
- Show how using a model for goals of care conversations, like the Ariadne Labs’ Serious Illness Conversation Guide, can facilitate discussions that may lead to POLST completion.
- Increase awareness among clinicians regarding when and for whom POLST should be offered.
- Educate clinicians and care teams about the purpose and use of POLST forms, ensuring that POLST forms are filled out correctly and accurately reflect the individual’s treatment preferences.
- Maximize appropriate use of POLST to ensure people receive care that honors personal values and preferences at the end of life.
- This newsletter will be sent out monthly.